New single??? - Insondables

Let's revive the old glory
Lisa-Loup

New single??? - Insondables

Post by Lisa-Loup » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:16 am

:shock: Now that's what I call a surprise. And no teasers, no waiting. Boring marketing.

I am not going to buy it, the album is out in a week! That's a really strange idea, to release a single shortly before the album..

But I like the cover!

DICEYUK

Re: New single???

Post by DICEYUK » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:25 am

Fantastic photo. Not sure about the song, yet.
Could be a slow burner.
All of it here - https://soundcloud.com/vassili59/insondable
See my Mylene Collection at http://diceyuk.skyrock.com/

Xcat

Post by Xcat » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:44 am

I like it.
Je veux savoir où naît le vent
J'ai l'âme inerte en même temps...

Quaddo

Post by Quaddo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:02 pm

Thx for the link Dicey.

It's not bad, but sounds more like filler material than a single

Lisa-Loup

Post by Lisa-Loup » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:10 pm

Thanks fir the link, Dicey! I've been listening to it all day. The music is a bit monotonous, but it's not bad.

Edit: It is now available on Spotify (credits to ricordo_tenerissimo for noticing).

Lisa-Loup

Post by Lisa-Loup » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:41 pm

I am absolutely clueless of what's happening.. This is so not Mylene-ish.

Xcat

Post by Xcat » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:47 pm

Maia wrote:This is so not Mylene-ish.
:mrgreen:
Je veux savoir où naît le vent
J'ai l'âme inerte en même temps...

DICEYUK

Post by DICEYUK » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:51 pm

From the sublime to the ridiculous.
A very odd song & an even odder video.
Can't really see that as a single, or at least not one that's going to sell millions of copies.
Yet another curved ball from Mylene I suppose.
Actually in a funny sort of way the song is ok but I hope the rest of the album is better.
See my Mylene Collection at http://diceyuk.skyrock.com/

Lisa-Loup

Post by Lisa-Loup » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:12 pm

The video is odd indeed, but after I watched it ten times (at least) I see so many symbols, from all of her carrier. I am still not sure what she is telling us, if the song is dedicated to someone or something.

Stuffed Monkey

Post by Stuffed Monkey » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:50 am

DICEYUK wrote: A very odd song & an even odder video.
Actually in a funny sort of way the song is ok but I hope the rest of the album is better.
After seeing the video once while hearing the song for the first time (and reading its Russian translation), I can say this:

The video is ...yes, it's unusual, but I think it fits the song well and is done tastefully. At first, I was kind of hoping to see Mylene, but by the middle of it I knew I wouldn't, and her glimpse that appeared in the second half was in line with the rest of the video and at least I could say, "Well, she was in the video (kind of)".

May be she felt a bit "overexposed" after the Stolen Car video and decided, for this one, to blend into the background (literally!) :)

As for the song itself, it does feel Mylenish to me. There's some quality in it that's hers, "classic Mylene", both in the melody and voice, and of course, the lyrics. But I'm not going to listen to it a lot now because I've been sick lately and I need to get better before I can fully appreciate it the way it is.
DICEYUK wrote: Can't really see that as a single, or at least not one that's going to sell millions of copies.
Yet another curved ball from Mylene I suppose.
I agree that it may not be successful as a single and may not be very TV-friendly. I suppose something like "Lonely Lisa" would have more chances in this respect, but you wouldn't want it, would you? ;)

It feels to me that in many ways it's "a gift for the fans": a proper video (unlike the lyric video for Quand) with numerous references to her past work. And it could also appeal to non-fans who are thoughtful people with an affinity for this kind of music.
Maia wrote:The video is odd indeed, but after I watched it ten times (at least) I see so many symbols, from all of her carrier. I am still not sure what she is telling us, if the song is dedicated to someone or something.
I'm sure there are now dozens of pages being feverishly written about the video's symbolism on the French forums and mfarmer.ru, may be I'll read them when I'm able to.

As for the explanation from Mylene herself, there's a very slight chance of a vague hint from her in the one interview that she will (hopefully) give to promote the album :D