Interstellaires - the album

Let's revive the old glory
Lisa-Loup

Re: Interstellaires - the album

Post by Lisa-Loup » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:41 pm

Bagpipes!! Aren't there bagpipes at the end of the song? Or something that sounds like them?*

And yes, Voie Lacteé does sound like kind of reggae and this surprises me, because it is my second most favourite song from the album although I literally hate reggae :shock:

*Edit: How awkward. I listened to the song with headphones and the instruments at the end sound like some kind of string instruments :|
Last edited by Lisa-Loup on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xcat

Post by Xcat » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:36 pm

DICEYUK wrote:Interesting opinion Xcat but probably a minority one.
Personally I think City of Love is one of the strongest songs she's ever done.
Sorry, but I just can't agree on that one.
As far as I am concerned, Interstellaires is times better. À rebours, as well. But of course, to each their own. I'm quite happy to have songs like these two, and Insondables and Pas d'access for example.
But no problem. After all, I'm used to being a minority. :D
Je veux savoir où naît le vent
J'ai l'âme inerte en même temps...

M.U.S.I.C

Post by M.U.S.I.C » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:42 pm

This album is much better than Monkey Me! Here are my favorite songs:

Stolen Car
Interstellaires
C'est pas moi
Love Song
Pas d'access
A rebours

Xcat

Post by Xcat » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:45 pm

WOW! All my favourites. :)
Je veux savoir où naît le vent
J'ai l'âme inerte en même temps...

Bobalu

Post by Bobalu » Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:21 am

My French CD from Amazon USA came Saturday. I replaced the leaked version. I have listened to little else since I downloaded the leaked files. The most interesting thing about the CD is just how stunningly beautiful the photos of her are in the booklet. Sensational!
Looking forward to Friday night on The Tonight Show. Jimmy Fallon is funny, but his humor is very immature. I hope he does not have something childish planned like he just did with Adele. He has games that he plays as he laughs constantly. I miss David Letterman. All the American Late Nighters are too goofy for my taste.
Fallon will hopefully be respectful with the likes of Mr.Sting being on the show. We will see.
I agree with Dicey about City of Love. I have also re-listened to Stolen Car and it has moved up my chart. The background vocals and harmonies are really nice. The entire album is great.
Can't wait to listen closely to the CD version. I think some of the downloaded tracks were compiled from a vinyl copy. The song spacing was inconsistent and I heard needle drops and some dust artifacts. There were a combination of file types as well. Still glad to get it!!!

Haze

Post by Haze » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:57 pm

Seems I'm not feeling the same as most people here on this album! I find it okay but it's not one of my favourites. I think Interstellaires is my current favourite I do not like I Want You To Want Me.