Interstellaires - the album

Let's revive the old glory
stevie

Re: Interstellaires - the album

Post by stevie » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:02 pm

I absolutely ADORE this album from start to finish. My first listen was rather overwhelming: it was like, damn, this is the album I've been waiting Mylene to make for ages. Bleu Noir was a step in the right direction, and Monkey Me didn't really happen - it was just a bad dream. But this! This is sublime.

Man, it feels good to be able to talk about MF in English again.

Xcat

Post by Xcat » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:50 pm

stevie wrote:Man, it feels good to be able to talk about MF in English again.
Damn right! :mrgreen:
Je veux savoir où naît le vent
J'ai l'âme inerte en même temps...

Bobalu

Post by Bobalu » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:44 am

I agree about À rebours Ricordo.

Lisa-Loup

Re: Interstellaires

Post by Lisa-Loup » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:01 pm

DICEYUK wrote:Might be just me but............
Interstellaires - shades of Within Temptation?
The more I listen to it, the more it feels like that.

DICEYUK

Post by DICEYUK » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:04 pm

So yesterday I went to Calais & back - just under 8 hours driving time.
Played Interstellaires from start to finish (no tracks skipped) a total of 13 times.
The volume was up & it sounded great.
There are no weak tracks on this album, some are slightly stronger than others but there are no duds.
The musicianship/backing tracks are all excellent as is the production and the arrangements are far more complex, and interesting, than most of the stuff Mylene has released in the last 15 years.
My 2 favourite tracks are currently Love Song & City Of Love cloesly followed by À Rebours, C'est pas moi, Interstellaires, Voie lactée, Un jour ou l'autre and Pas d'access.
That's not to say that I don't like the other 3 tracks because I do - even Insondables has grown on me and it does actually fit into the album really well.
The album has almost everything, a bit of rock, a bit of 70's disco, a bit of reggae, a real power ballad and a bit of techno. The music is tight, has an intensity and attitude and has a great balance of light & shade
The album is an absolute joy all the way through and in my opinion it's the best thing she's ever done - by miles.
Last edited by DICEYUK on Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
See my Mylene Collection at http://diceyuk.skyrock.com/

DICEYUK

Post by DICEYUK » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:24 pm

Lisa-Loup

Post by Lisa-Loup » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:54 pm

I absolutely love the whole album - the only one I listen to from beginning to end, without skipping any song (so far..). The rock-ish songs are my favourite - Interstellaires on 1st place!

@Dicey - which one do you mean by saying a bit of reggae? Voie lacteé?

Un jour ou l'autre sounds kind if Irish to me, I don't know how to explain it. Like an old Irish (or probably Scottish?) song. I wish I knew more about music in order to explain what I mean :?

Edit: Probably it's the drums. They sound like battle drums. Don't ask me why I associate battle drums with Ireland, I have no idea :lol:
Last edited by Lisa-Loup on Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xcat

Post by Xcat » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:57 pm

I dare to say that I skip I want you to want me, Voie lactée and City of Love. :D
(And I have absolutely no regrets on that matter. :mrgreen: )
Je veux savoir où naît le vent
J'ai l'âme inerte en même temps...

DICEYUK

Post by DICEYUK » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:48 pm

Maia wrote:@Dicey - which one do you mean by saying a bit of reggae? Voie lacteé?
Yeah, it's sort of reggae, isn't it?
Maia wrote:Un jour ou l'autre sounds kind if Irish to me,
I thought it was a bit Scottish sounding - I don't think that bagpipes would be out of place at the end of it

DICEYUK

Post by DICEYUK » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:28 pm

Xcat wrote:I dare to say that I skip I want you to want me, Voie lactée and City of Love. :D
Interesting opinion Xcat but probably a minority one.
Personally I think City of Love is one of the strongest songs she's ever done. Musically it is in a different league to much of the stuff we've had to endure over the last 3 albums - Sextonik, Lonely Lisa & Love Dance, to name but 3.
I can see it becoming a bit of an anthem at concerts as it's bound to be great when played live & loud.

But then the whole album is in a different league and I think Mylene has changed and moved on - I doubt she'll never work with LB again.
When you consider what we've had over the last couple of months, compared to the release of previous albums, then the transformation is amazing.
Photos & videos of the Stolen Car video shoot (God, she even let them show her on crutches), Behind The Scenes video, an interview in Rolling Stone in English, rehersal video at the NRJ Awards, radio interview and it looks like she's going to be on US television.
All this completely is "out of character" and none of us would have thought that any of that was possible 3 months ago, even in our wildest dreams.
Maybe it's down to working with Sting or maybe she's always wanted to break the mould & do things differently. I don't know, but whatever it is, long may it last.