Re: Mylene On TV

Post by Xcat » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:59 pm

Absolutely. :)
Je veux savoir où naît le vent
J'ai l'âme inerte en même temps...

M.U.S.I.C

Post by M.U.S.I.C » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:39 pm

She should consider another promotional performance, like Ellen or something.

DICEYUK

Post by DICEYUK » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:43 am

I thought the whole thing (apart from the song) was an embarresment and, at the end of the day, it did Mylene no favours whatsoever.
During the interview Mylene looked completely bewildered as to what was going on and in all honesty she looked like a fish out of water.
Nothing more than a bit part player, and a bit of token glamour, in a discussion between Sting & Fallon with most of the "interview" being taken up by Fallon messing around with various props and promoting a Sting performance at Carnegie Hall.
He couldn't even get the title of her album right after several attempts - what's the point of going on a talk-show to get exposure if the guy in charge can't remember what your latest album is called.
For Mylene, the whole thing was a complete waste of time.
Just a shame that the frying pan wasn't made of cast iron.
Anyway, for those who missed it, here's the whole thing - interview & song + it's downloadable
https://yadi.sk/i/qE3DDlGXkzu6U
See my Mylene Collection at http://diceyuk.skyrock.com/

M.U.S.I.C

Post by M.U.S.I.C » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:57 am

Dicey, I blame what went wrong on Jimmy Fallon himself. He is such an awkward host and he's always all over the place. He should have let Mylene talk more about her career so Americans could learn more about her. At least Stolen Car was performed live for real this time!

Lisa-Loup

Post by Lisa-Loup » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:44 am

I haven't seen the interview yet, must watch it when I get my hands on a PC.

But do you recall some other time when she performed live apart for the concerts? I don't, at least not during the recent years. I am surprised.
Last edited by Lisa-Loup on Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xcat

Post by Xcat » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:06 pm

OK, I watched it. (Thanks, DICEYUK. :))
First of all, Jimmy is an idiot. That thing with the title of her album was a joke, I think. Or he's an idiot. :mrgreen:
Still shocked of their total lack of musical sync... :roll:
Je veux savoir où naît le vent
J'ai l'âme inerte en même temps...

M.U.S.I.C

Post by M.U.S.I.C » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:57 am

Dicey, the album title part of the interview was part of the joke. She was supposed to hit him for getting it wrong.

Haze

Post by Haze » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:15 pm

Yes it was staged but it was funny - you have to get the timing right to "hit" someone on a tv show - is The Tonight Show with JF live? I'm sure they could've announced the correct name of her album if she had really wanted it so.
I liked the performance of Stolen Car (although not the ad-lib part of Sting) better than the dancing at NRJ awards

M.U.S.I.C

Post by M.U.S.I.C » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:34 am

Haze wrote:Yes it was staged but it was funny - you have to get the timing right to "hit" someone on a tv show - is The Tonight Show with JF live? I'm sure they could've announced the correct name of her album if she had really wanted it so.
I liked the performance of Stolen Car (although not the ad-lib part of Sting) better than the dancing at NRJ awards
This episode had been pre-recorded.