Singles list

Let's revive the old glory
DICEYUK

Re: Singles list

Post by DICEYUK » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:59 am

Ioana, if like me you keep getting the wrong CD covers, or album art, when playing on Windows Media Player, then I've found 2 ways to fix it.
Carry out both these simple fixes and the right CD cover will always be shown for that track.

1. Go to File Explorer Options and click on View.
Deselect "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" and select "Show hidden files".
This will cause several files to appear in your album folder - e.g AlbumArtSmall.jpg and Folder.jpg.
Delete all of them (not Desktop though) .
It is recommended you re-select the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" and deselect "Show Hidden Files" when you've finished so as not to accidentally delete anything of importance.

2. After doing that, open up Windows Media Player and go to Options
Select the Privacy tab Click on Clear Caches and Clear History Click and close WMP.
Reopen to play the album. The correct album art appeared on the screen
See my Mylene Collection at http://diceyuk.skyrock.com/

Ioana_2003

Post by Ioana_2003 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:06 pm

Thank you very much for the information. I did all these things but nothing changed. WMP still shows wrong album art. But that might be because my operation system is Windows 10. I am now using another app - Groove music. The situation with this app is the same though. :roll:

DICEYUK

Post by DICEYUK » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:41 pm

Strange, I am also using Windows 10, and WMP,, and yet it worked fine for me. What I'll do is try & upload them again in my amended format. This might take some time as I'm in Portugal at the moment and I'm on a very slow internet connection so I'll probably need to upload all night. I'll let you know if and when it's done.

DICEYUK

Post by DICEYUK » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:44 am

Here's the new link - I think it took 7 hours to upload :D

https://1fichier.com/?erfij0k2lx

Before you play it I suggest you repeat fix 2 in the post above and also open WMP and remove (delete) any playlists that contain these songs and remove the previous Singles album if it's in your WMP Library.
Let me know how you get on

AnnaMFI

Post by AnnaMFI » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Hello Dicey,

Wouldn't you be interested in obtaining the MF anthology in higher quality (mostly files in 320 kbps or recordings remastered to 320 kbps) and all tracks with proper naming (both – files names, and track names in ID3v1)?
I've checked the "single" compilation you shared and apart from the fact that for most of the tracks it's only 128 kbps, it contains errors too, to name only some of them:

A quoi je sers...
version with no specified name – it's neither single version nor "les mots" version (well actually they're both the same)
it's "B.O. du clip" instead which was never released on any CD/vinyl format

Allan (Live single)
Allan 6:50 is not a "single version" – this is a "live album version" (En Concert)
"single live version" is 4:45 for Single 45tours and 5:14 for Maxi Vinyl (so in fact there are two "single" versions but none of them included in the so-called "Singles" compilation)

Beyond my control
Single Mix is not a "Single Mix" (any of "Single Mix"es), this edited track is not genuine
you cannot even hear the mixed acoustic quitars which should enter around after the tenth second of the intro

Libertine (Remix)
the left and right channels are reversed, what you can hear in the left ear – you should hear in the right ear
the same kind of error occurs for : Regrets (Sterger Dub Mix), XXL (UK Remix)

My Soul Is Slashed (Single Mix)
there is no official version which would be 3:37 long, the file is cut

Sans Contrefacon
this is not "single version", it's album ASJ version instead ("Les Mots" version missing)

XXL
there is no official version which would be 3:06 long, the shortest version is German Radio Edit 4:06
the file is cut

XXL "Distorted Dance Mix"
- it should be "Distorded Dance Mix" not "distorted"

California "Ramon Zenker's Radio Remix"
- wrong description, this is "Radio Edit", "Ramon Zenker's Radio Remix" sounds different

Tracks from single "La poupée qui fait non" in your compilation are very good, so far the best I've gained, I had low quality files and those LPQFN files from InnaNet are rejected from my player because of an error.

About my offer, I can upload the whole collection for the period from the beginning of Mylene's career until 2003 ("Remixes"). Album versions excluded, and live album versions excluded unless they're are single live versions edited.
"Inédit" versions included.
One archive file for one folder, one zip file at a time (there are 46 folders in total).
Covers not guarenteed.

It looks like that::
(01. – it's always "album version", if an album version doesn't exists, then 01. is a "single" or an "inédit" version)

comparison of excel list and a player:

DICEYUK

Post by DICEYUK » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:37 am

Hi Anna, thanks for the info. I'll have a look at your points although I'm not that bothered, especially about the stereo being reversed or the bitrate. There are a lot of downloads from Youtube in there so you're never sure that the original uploader has used the correct title, description or track.
The La poupée qui fait non" tracks are good because I have the actual CD's for that release.

I can't download your version at the moment as I'm away in Portugal and on a very slow internet connection. Will let you know when I'm back in the UK.

DICEYUK

Post by DICEYUK » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:26 am

Hi Anna - I have amended/changed/corrected all the points you made above, except the reversed stereo & bit rate issues. Thanks again.

AnnaMFI

Post by AnnaMFI » Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:10 am

Hi,

I will be OT now.
I noticed Dicey , you used 1fichier.com which most probably I would use too, so here an interesting article I've just read (on the French police recent operations):
Police Shut Down France’s Largest Pirate Site (Updated)

BY ERNESTO ON NOVEMBER 29, 2016 C: 171
BREAKING

The cybercrime unit of the French military police has shut down the country's largest pirate site, Zone-Telechargement. In addition, the popular download site DL-Protect has also gone offline. With millions of regular visitors, both download portals have been a prime target of local copyright holders for years.

[...]

With millions of regular visitors, Zone-Telechargement was ranked the 11th most-visited website in the entirety of France.

Telechargement is French for “download,” and the site offered direct downloads of a wide variety of pirated content, including films, series, games, and music. However, yesterday afternoon the site suddenly became inaccessible.

After some confusion, the French Gendarmerie took credit on Twitter, stating that an investigation had concluded that the download portal caused rightsholders 75 million euros in losses.

Founded in 2011, Zone-Telechargement’s popularity soared after the shutdown of Megaupload, which was also hugely popular in France until its shutdown early 2012.

Interestingly, it appears that the site wasn’t the only target yesterday. DL-Protect, another large direct-download site and the 19th most popular website in France according to Alexa, also went down.

[...]

With two prominent shutdowns in one month, it’s quite clear that the Gendarmerie’s cybercrime division and SACEM have online piracy high on their agenda.

Update: New information just released revealed that the two direct download sites were allegedly operated by the same people.

The enforcement action is a collaboration between the French Gendarmerie and the Andorran police. Seven people were apprehended, and two still remain in custody, one in Andorra and one in France. More arrests may follow.

I don't know anything about direct download offered by ZT but one website used extensively for hosting files shared throught ZT was 1ficher.com. It is described like a French site (but located in Zurich ??) so I predict it may be the next target for the French police and it won't last long.

Regarding MF discography/remixography, there was a project in 2014 on InnaNet to replace all rare tracks previously available in low quality with files in HQ (320) carried out by PtitGenie and his trusted people, so if anyone seeks any specific version of any song by Mylene, it is possible to download it directly from InnaNet (I think I found only 2 versions that were missing there which I'd had from other sources). You need to be logged in after 21:30 CET. The file naming and descriptions are accurate although the tracks need some processing (of ID3 information like artist name, year, or little corrections of some descriptions).

Bye!